"My daughter’s enthusiasm in attending VLC is consistent, barely bounded, and demonstrates her motivation for achieving her Grade 12 diploma."
The Vancouver Learning Centre provides an integrated set of psychological and educational services that put the clients and their families at the centre. Each aspect of service is focused on outcome for the client in personal academic achievement, cognitive growth and maturity, emotional well-being, and a long-term personal best result. The process is compassionate, respectful, enthusiastic, and transparent to families.
There are two parts to this service:
- A comprehensive Neuropsychological and Educational Assessment. This is a comprehensive service that provides experienced test administration of both cognitive and academic skills by Registered Psychologists, using a neuropsychological lens to interpret data. From this a personalized targeted teaching program that emerges from the assessment is provided that fits each client like a glove.
- Educational services that include the following:
- A comprehensive overview provided by the psychologists of all Vancouver Learning Centre activities: supervision of educational practices; program design that emerges from test results; consultation with parents, teachers and school personnel; adjudication; school visits (when appropriate); and professional development and ongoing timely problem solving and strategies for psychological, emotional, and behavioural issues. For more information about our Registered Psychologists see Dr. Geraldine Schwartz and Dr. Judith Magrill.
- Academic teaching in all academic subjects
- Neurocognitive training
- Learning-to-learn skills
- Mentoring, support and development of behavioural and emotional maturity.
- Serving clients from 3 years old to adults:
- Providing evidence-based outcomes. For more than three decades VLC students have had achievement results beyond expectations.
- A personalized targeted teaching program that emerges from the assessment and provides detailed guidance to all teaching.
- One-to-one teaching
- Use of a basket of signature programs that are combined with other programs in unique ways:
- If you would like to have answers as to what can be done, you can book a complimentary interview with Vancouver Learning Centre Director Andrew Taylor by telephone at 604-738-2277 or by e-mail.
- If after you are fully informed through the interview and by reading this website you are interested in proceeding, Andrew will provide you with an assessment date to begin the process.
- If you have further concerns or questions you can speak to VLC principal and senior psychologist, Dr. Geraldine Schwartz, either by telephone or by booking a further personal complimentary interview.
- The assessment will provide a clear statement of the student’s cognitive and educational strengths and weaknesses along with a detailed program that is offered as a proposal. The program is delivered by the Vancouver Learning Centre’s highly qualified teaching faculty, one-to-one.