- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders/with learning disabilities/with Giftedness/or both
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is used in combination with academic programs
- Worry Dragons, a program that teaches coping skills is used at the VLC in combination with other programs for anxiety behaviours
- Giftedness program (see Giftedness Advanced Achievement)
Children with behaviour disorders and emotional distress are often unsuccessful in the classroom. They demonstrate their unhappiness in a variety of ways. Children with ADHD are often unhappy going to school. Their best subject is recess or P.E. and their best day at school is the last day before summer holidays. They act out in class, or act the clown to avoid showing...